A balanced diet requires a lot of protein sources to stay fit and healthy. Whey protein is a popular nutritional supplement that helps build muscles, repair tissues, make enzymes, and balance hormones. It supports weight loss, tone muscles, and improve physical performance. But there are several brands of whey protein available in India. It is quite difficult to choose the best suits your body. Don’t worry! I’ve done deep research and identified the best and trustworthy whey protein to buy in India supplements, along with features and detailed descriptions.
What is Whey Protein?
It is the watery portion of milk that separates from the curds while making cheese. It consists of 80% Casein and 20% Whey.
Types of Whey Protein
There are three types of whey protein powder available in the market. Each one is different in processing and varies in nutrition content.
- Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
- It contains around 80% protein and 20% sugar.
- High in Lactose and Fat.
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
- It contains 90% protein and sometimes more.
- Less in Fat and Lactose.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH)
- It quickly absorbs in the stomach due to the pre-digested process.
- Faster recovery rate for your muscles.
Top 10 Best Whey Protein in India
Below are the ten best Whey Protein brands available in India. You can choose the one that suits your body and the type of exercise you do.
|Best Whey Protein in India||Brand||Price||Type|
|Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard||Optimum Nutrition||Check Price||Whey Protein Isolate|
|AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate||Asitis Nutrition||Check Price||Whey Protein Concentrate|
|MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein||MuscleBlaze||Check Price||Whey Protein Concentrate|
|MuscleTech NitroTech Performance Series||MuscleTech||Check Price||Whey Isolates & Peptides|
|Bigmuscles Nutrition Premium Gold Whey||Bigmuscles Nutrition||Check Price||Whey Protein Blend|
|Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein||Himalaya||Check Price||Whey Protein Blend|
|BSN SYNTHA-6 Whey Protein Powder||BSN||Check Price||Whey Protein Blend|
|GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein||General Nutrition Center||Check Price||Whey Protein Blend|
|MyFitFuel MFF Whey Protein||MyFitFuel||Check Price||Whey Protein Concentrate|
|NAKPRO PLATINUM 100% Whey Protein Isolate||NAKPRO||Check Price||Whey Protein Isolate|
1) Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
It is the most popular and well-known international brand in the market. The natural whey isolate ensures the fastest muscle recovery and supports an improved metabolism and immune system performance. Because of low fat, you don’t need an extra workout to reduce your body fat. It comes in twelve different flavors which you can choose according to your taste.
- It can deliver 24 grams of protein.
- 4 grams of naturally occurring glutamine and glutamic acid
- 11 grams of naturally occurring EAAs.
- 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs per serving.
- Gluten free.
- Banned substance tested.
- Vegetarian Product.
- Acceptable taste.
- Good value.
- Quality protein sources.
- Contains artificial flavors.
- Contains milk and soy (for those allergic or sensitive).
2) AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate 80% Unflavoured
This is one of the best whey proteins in India, which is popular among athletes, bodybuilders, and fitness enthusiasts. It provides 80% protein per serving, having a biological value (BV) of 104 with some lactose and fat. As-it-is whey protein is ideal for those who love an intense workout as it boosts recovery and reduces muscle loss. It is unflavored in nature, so that you can add it with juice, smoothie, pancake, or protein bar.
- Freedom to add the flavor of your choice.
- 5.4 Grams of BCAA.
- Promotes Muscle Building.
- Lab Tested For Quality.
- Minimally Processed for Maximum Protein And Nutrients.
- Pure and Authentic.
- It has 24g protein per savings.
- Labdoor certified.
- No flavors in this protein powder.
3) MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80%
It is a known brand worldwide for its quality and reliability. The protein powder is added with digestive enzymes to ensure quick digestion, effective muscle recovery, and support. It is one of the most preferred choices of bodybuilders, athletes, and health-conscious people. This Whey Protein is an unflavored high protein supplement that can be consumed with protein cakes, shakes, smoothies, protein bars, etc.
- Composed of 24 grams of protein.
- 5.2 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs.
- 11.2 grams of naturally occurring EAAs.
- Tested and certified by Labdoor.
- Added with enzymes for quick digestion.
- Vegetarian product.
- Clean and minimal processing protein.
- Helps to lean and gain muscles.
- No artificial sweeteners and colors.
- Some people may not like its unflavored taste.
4) MuscleTech NitroTech Performance Series
MuscleTech NitroTech performance series is made up of creatine and amino acid, which helps in muscle development and energizes your body post-workout. It is a combination of whey protein peptides and whey protein isolates. This protein powder is available in 5 different tasty flavors in India which do not contain sugars or artificial colors.
- 100% ultra-clean whey protein.
- Delivers essential amino acids – BCAA including glutamine & precursors.
- 3 grams creatine monohydrate.
- 6.8 g of BCAAs.
- 5.3 g of glutamine and precursor.
- 30 g of whey proteins per serving.
- No sugar or other fillers.
- Best in class taste.
- Geared for lean muscle development.
- Expensive product.
5) Bigmuscles Nutrition Premium Gold Whey
Bigmuscles Nutrition protein powder is the cheapest product of all specially designed for athletes. It is a blended whey comprised of ultra-filtered whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate. This is suitable for bodybuilders, fitness professionals for muscle growth which supports quick workout recovery.
- It delivers 25 grams of protein.
- 5.5 grams of branched amino acids(BCAA).
- 4 grams of glutamic acid.
- Multi-Phase Filtration Technology utilized to ensure pure & premium ingredients.
- Free from preservatives and soy.
- Available in 8 different flavors.
- Cheapest product.
- Contains no sugar.
- Suitable for beginners.
- Less in taste.
6) Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein
Quista proprotein powder contains three mixtures of whey protein blend: concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysate for quick absorption in the body. It is also formulated with peptides and taurine to minimize the post-injury workout. In addition, Quista pro is a combination of herbs with calcium and vitamins for better bone health, building stamina and endurance.
- Enriched with BCAA which improves exercise performance.
- It contains sucralose.
- No added sugar.
- Faster recovery from muscle injury.
- Contains herbal ingredients like ashvagandha, hadjod, and pomegranate.
- Builds and repair muscles.
- Enriched with vitamin B, C and E.
- Presence of herbs.
- Vegetarian product.
- Price is quite expensive.
7) BSN SYNTHA-6 Whey Protein Powder
BSN SYNTHA-6 is very famous for its ultimate taste and performance. This product is enriched with healthy, high-quality ingredients to deliver 22 grams of protein per serving. It promotes the muscle recovery process also gets easily absorbed in the body. It also consists of 5 grams of fiber and 10 grams of essential amino acids.
- It is available in 8 flavors.
- 10 grams of amino acids.
- 5 grams of fiber.
- Produces rich, creamy milkshake taste and texture.
- Contains Milk, Egg, Wheat, and Soy (Lecithin) ingredients.
- Quick absorption for instant results.
- Fulfill the daily protein requirement.
- Free from aspartame.
- Available in tempting chocolate milkshake flavor.
- Non-vegetarian product.
8) GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein
GNC Pro Performance whey is a composite of essential minerals and vitamins, amino acids, protein content, and enzymes. It can digest quickly and support your wellness and performance goals. GNC is suitable for both men and women because it contains amino acids and minerals necessary for muscle development.
- 100% whey comprising of whey concentrate and whey isolate.
- Contains 24 grams of protein.
- 5 grams of BCCAs.
- 9 important amino acids.
- Helps in repair of cells and tissues.
- Gluten-free product with no sugar.
- It gets easily mixed with your shake.
- Great in taste.
- Preferred after a heavy workout session.
- High dosage leads to bring side effects.
9) MyFitFuel MFF Whey Protein 80, Whey Concentrate 80%
MyFitFuel protein powder is made from grass-fed high-quality cow milk. It is developed with the latest digestive enzymes technology to provide you with faster digestion & absorption of nutrients. It is a mixture of 22 vitamins and minerals that help grow, repair cellular damage, and achieve fitness goals. In addition, you can maintain lean muscle growth as it is low in fat and carbohydrate.
- It delivers 25 grams of protein on dry basis.
- 11.3 grams of essential amino acids.
- 5.6 grams of natural BCAAs.
- 4.2 grams of glutamine.
- Aspartame & sugar free.
- Contains digezyme latest digestive enzymes technology.
- No artificial flavor or preservatives added.
- Presence of amylase, lactase, cellulase, lipase and protease.
- Contains Vitamin B, C and D.
- Few may not like its taste.
10) NAKPRO PLATINUM 100% Whey Protein Isolate
This is one of the best whey proteins, which delivers 29.2g of protein per 33g serving size. It helps to build lean muscle, recovery in workouts, supports healthy metabolism and reduces muscle loss. It is available in different flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, coffee, mango, cream chocolate, and cookies cream flavor. This protein powder is free from banned substances and artificial colors.
- It contains 6.9 grams of BCAA.
- 5.3 grams of glutamine.
- Helps to produce muscle tissues and boosts muscle recovery.
- 100% Veg Supplement.
- Free from wheat and starch.
- Easily digestible.
- Yeast free and no sugar.
- Enriched with BCAA and amino acids.
- Chocolate flavor is below average in taste.
Related: Best Hair Serum in India
Benefits of Whey Protein
The following are the best health benefits of whey protein which are most common in almost all brands in India.
1) Improves Body Mechanism
Antioxidants and amino acids help the body fight against toxins, oxidative stress and promote the growth and regeneration of new cells. For example, daily intake of whey protein leads to glutathione production and strengthens antioxidant functions within the body. It also removes harmful free radicals, which is important while taking care of skin and hair.
2) Controls Blood Pressure
Whey protein is produced with lactokinins or ACE inhibitors that help to control blood pressure. The medical research proved that the regular consumption of 54g of whey protein for 12-weeks could reduce the blood pressure by 4% without causing any health problems.
3) Controls Inflammation in the Body
C-reactive protein or CRP is the key reason to cause inflammations in the body. This can be reduced by sufficient intake of whey protein regularly to take care of it from such problems.
4) Accelerates Weight Loss
Regular consumption of whey protein improves the metabolism to burn calories. In addition, it helps you to control your appetite for a low intake of calories and develops muscle strength.
5) Reduces the Risk of Type-2 Diabetes
Type-2 diabetes occurs due to high blood sugar and improper functioning of blood insulin. High blood sugar is one of the prime causes of different health problems. It balances blood sugar levels by maintaining proper insulin levels in the body.
6) Delivers High-Quality Protein
Whey protein easily generates protein and essential minerals in the body faster than other protein sources. This is possible by the presence of BCCAs and amino acids.
Whey protein is primarily the best source to add to your food diet. It burns the unwanted fat and gives you an adequate amount of calories for the body. By following the list of best whey proteins in India, you can identify the nice product that suits you. If you’re passionate about muscle building, weight loss, and staying fit, a regular intake of whey protein is a must. We should be aware of healthy nutrition and immunity in this modern generation, so protein powders are the best choice to meet our needs.